VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT- Assistant Project Officer (CLOSED)
Position Title: Assistant Project Officer
Duty Station: Madane, Gulmi
Reporting: Senior Project Officer
Duration: 4 years on annual contract basis
Duties and Responsibilities:
The key role of the incumbent will be to assist in implementing the programme “Integrating Livelihoods and Conservation – People Partner with Nature for Sustainable Living” Phase – II, in the selected VDCs around the Madane Protected forest area. Specific responsibilities are outlined below:
- Support senior project officer in annual and quarterly planning and reporting of the Programme.
- Coordinate with local communities and BCN’s Local Conservation Group over programme implementation.
- Support in conducting baseline studies of the programme.
- Assist in organising trainings for IGAs and other livelihood improvement initiatives to the local communities.
- Assist in enhancing the knowledge of forest user groups in participatory forest management plans.
- Facilitate in capacity building of local communities on community based monitoring of biodiversity and ecosystem services.
- Conduct activities to explicitly empower and involve women, based on the gender analyses.
- Conduct activity to address the needs and rights of indigenous and other marginalised groups, as well as youth.
- Support in conducting context specific assessment and start-up of financial support for prioritised nature based inclusive livelihoods initiatives.
- Support in capacity building of local communities in market research, business development, value chains and branding.
- Conduct capacity assessment, technical training and constituency development of LCGs and forest user groups.
- Facilitate in organisational strengthening and training of forest user groups.
- Facilitate in capacity development of forest user groups for advocacy (skills and means).
- Support in the establishment and strengthening of LCGs.
- Facilitate engagement and lessons sharing within local communities.
- Develop communication materials and tools and outreach programme for wider public awareness.
- Undertake any other responsibilities relevant for implementing the programme as directed by the supervisor.
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Zoology, Botany, Environmental Science and Natural Resource Management.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience in project implementation
- Experience of working in multicultural setting and with forest user groups
- Experience networking and relationship building
- Proven skill in community mobilisation and trainings
- Experience in usage of computer software packages (word, excel, spss, etc)
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application along with an up-to-date CV that responds to the position, description and the competencies, by 1st June 2018 via email at email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the selection process.
BCN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as a disqualification for the position.