VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT- CONSERVATION EDUCATION OFFICER
Job Title: Conservation Education Officer
Duty Station: BCN head office, Kathmandu
Contract Period: 1 year on annual renewal basis
Duties and Responsibilities:
The key role of the Conservation Education Officer is to design and run education program targeted to students (school and college), BCN members and urban community. This includes effective running of Biodiversity Conservation Learning Center at Ranibari Community Forest, Kathmandu and backstop to replicate similar centers in other parts of country.
Specific responsibilities are outlined below:
- Visit schools, colleges and relevant organizations as a part of membership, awareness and sensitization program.
- Develop biodiversity education program/course for students that supplement their curriculum.
- Coordinate with schools and representatives to organize program at RCF- Biodiversity Conservation Learning Center.
- Organise short tours such as Bird Camp, Nature Walk in green destinations around the valley.
- Organise training on ornithology, photography, etc for members and nature guides.
- Facilitate talk program on nature and biodiversity to wider audiences.
- Liaise with various government and business institutions to promote BCN’s education programme.
- Coordinate fortnightly bird watching program organized by BCN.
- Coordinate urban bird monitoring program
- Database maintain the injured and dead birds in the urban area and its cause
- Prepare reports for submission to donors and supporter.
- Organise fundraising events to support and sustain Education Program.
Masters in Forestry, Zoology, Botany, Environmental Science and Natural Resource Management and relevant field.
Interested and qualified Nepali citizens are requested to send their application with an updated CV by 5 April 2020.
Only short listed candidates will be informed.
BCN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as a disqualification for the position.