The first technical committee meeting was held under the
coordination of Dr. Anuja Raj Sharma, Department of Forest, DDG,CFD to discuss
about the Darwin initiative project
entitled “ Mainstreaming Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services into Community
Forestry in Nepal” on 9/ 9/ 2016 at Babarmahal, Kathmandu. The meeting was
completed adroitly and circumspectly among the following participants:
Dr. Anuja Raj Sharma, Department of Forest, DDG, CFD
Mr. Prakash Lamsal, Department of Forest, Under Secretory
Mr. Thakur Bhandari, FECOFUN
Ms. Nabin Upadhyaya, CFTEC, Under Secretory
Mr. Bishnu Paudel
Sudil Gopal Acharya, BCN
Mr. Parbat Raj Thani, BCN
Agendas of the meeting
• Finalization of TOR of Technical Committee
• Sharing the progress of Biodiversity Supplement
• Discourse about Initiation of Training related issues
• Sharing the Progress of OP amendment related activities
After presentation about progress of project, given by Mr. Sudil Gopal Acharya, BCN, in-depth discussion was carried out among the all participants to reach on the appropriate conclusion and following decisions were established.
1) Members of the
technical committee finalized the ToR.
2) The meeting decided to give insights after the study of submitted biodiversity supplement, and in addition to this, recommended to prepare its Nepali version too.
3) Committee decided to confirm next technical committee meeting after the preparation of training framework within the one month, Central Forest Training and Extension Center support in this related Subject matters.